• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making Rubix Cube

Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to know how I can make the small cubes inside the Rubix cube? I have painted the base of the cube to give it a painted/hand-drawn feel and now I want to place the cubes in that with proper perspective and size.

Here is the reference image

Heenaaah_0-1622160660102.png

And here I am so far:

I have tried to cut the bigger rectangle into smaller ones using the shape builder tool but the result is not refined. Would appreciate a better way(to place the cubes inside). I have seen tutorials for making a Rubix cube and I am not looking for that. Thanks in advance

Heenaaah_1-1622160692290.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but I'm getting no clear idea from your description of what your idea of "refined" might be. Could you perhaps, please, give a fuller explanation of what is right and what is wrong with the example you've posted?

Thanks,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

by refined I meant for the cubes to look in perspective same as the reference image i.e. the perspective of the cubes is maintained even with drawing with a brush. However I figured it out with 3D. If you have any other hack, please do share

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want accurate perspective and size of shapes would recommend starting over.

Start by drawing your objects undistorted

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.53.44 PM.png

1. move first group with one corner in place
  2. switch to transform tool
  3. Click a corner to distort and hold mouse down
  4. add command key
  5. pull edge then drop

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 10.58.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines