• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mayor performance issues on 24.2 Windows

Engaged ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I run into major slowdowns, program instabilties and terrible latency with the latest Illustrator. Win 10 is freshly installed, AI is on the machine for maybe two weeks and only got used for trivial tasks so far, so cleaning up / resetting preferences should not be required. The Desktop-machine in question is reasonably beefy, i7, 6 core, 32 GB RAM, GTX1070.

Today I imported a single page pdf document and created a couple of variations for a simple bill-template. Ten mostly identical artboards, a handful of layers, just one small bitmap, no effects or calculation-heavy things going on whatsoever. But the program ran slow as molases, to the point that it really hampered input. It sometimes times took up to two seconds, until keyboard entry registered....

Further I see delay and instability when the program opens (welcome-screen + title bar fading out) and also file-saving saving takes way too long The machine is well maintained and runs everything else well. Is there maybe some sort of debug tool for cases like mine?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?