• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory Issue in Illustrator

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest Illustrator update, CC 2019, I have been having a lot of error messages pop up in regards to memory.

I've received the following various error messages:

• The operation cannot complete because there isn't enough memory (RAM) available.
  • Not enough memory to open the illustration

Every time, the files I am trying to open are small.  Once I receive an error message, I will continue to get it with any file until I restart the program.  Then it is fine.

I am on a Mac Pro running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and my RAM is no where near being full.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

This has apparently been solved and released as a prerelease build. You need to sign up for prerelease to download it for now:

New update (v23) crashes Illustrator consistently with Can't finish previewing or enough memory (RAM) – Adobe Illustrato…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jkaptain

Im having exactly the same problem since I upgreaded to CC2019.  It's not a frustrating.  Have you discovered a solution to the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has apparently been solved and released as a prerelease build. You need to sign up for prerelease to download it for now:

New update (v23) crashes Illustrator consistently with Can't finish previewing or enough memory (RAM...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. Hello from 2020. Have the latest version. It's still not fixed. 32gb of ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! I only have 16GB, but still - using just quarter of it, and the funny thing, that group of the files, from which I try to copy certain element i created on the same PC with same setup and nothing is changed, just Illustrator version, ofcourse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello from the end of 2020. I'm using Illustrator 2021 and still getting this issue. It comes up when I drag a group of layers (not heavy effects) to another document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same... It shows when I try to make some elements bigger. And I have 32GB ram. Frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening to me. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a temp. solution you can go to control panel and see what apps are using a lot of RAM beside AI and close them if they are not necessary for the work you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same from early 2021. Currently using Illustrator 2021 and constantly get the same issue. Have 32GB of high speed ram at 3600mHz speeds, with no other programs running, Illustrator barely uses 16% of the avaliable ram. Get this error when dragging very simple vector work around the artboard. Really need a solution, I'm missing deadlines and delaying delivery dates for comissions due to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, nothing I have tried has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

28 Janurary 2021, still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have had the same issue for the first time today, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue MAR 12 2021. I've given up on Adobe getting their sh*t together. They need compettion and stop treating their paying customer like beta testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just come across this problem for a client who has an iMac Pro, 32GB ram, a brand new install of Big Sur, and a brand new install of Illustrator 25.

Solution, which is pretty simple was to delete the Illustrator preferences folder (in my case, I just renamed the existing one to xxx.old), and start Illustrator again.

She had been using Illustrator 2019 because the problem existed in AI 2020, and when installing 2021, the preferences are copied, copying the problem.

All good afterward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the Illustrator preferences folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines