Highlighted

Menus shrinking, Bounding boxes glitch

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

In the last week my Illustrator has had some pretty major bugs happen. Using a Windows Surface Book 2 2019

1. A selection of my menus have shrunk within their normal tab. I can still select the options by hovering over where they should normally be in the tab, and the smaller visual does highlight when my mouse is over certain options. But it's making every change a guessing game. It's also happened to my 'open recent window' and a bunch of other features... Image attached of how it looks with my library tab.
illustrator bug.png

2. Bounding boxes are glitching. When i drag select an object(s), the box appears as one point. It's not until a pan my mouse back and forth over where the bounding box should be  it appears. Same goes for if I have deselected the box, it remains on screen till I do the same 'erasing' of it with my cursor. I have a hunch this might be from some brushes I'm using? But it was working fine for a day or two, then I booted it up one morning and everything had changed... Image attached is an example of how it looks while I 'reveal' the bounding box.
illustrator bug 2.png

Hope someone could shed some light on this - my illustrator is technically still working but it's taking me double the time to get any work done.

Edit: I've tried installing older versions, glitches are still there.

Edit Edit: Copy + pasted illustrations into a new doc and the boundry box issue has stopped (still there in the old doc). Menu problem still not fixed though.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Menus shrinking, Bounding boxes glitch

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

In the last week my Illustrator has had some pretty major bugs happen. Using a Windows Surface Book 2 2019

1. A selection of my menus have shrunk within their normal tab. I can still select the options by hovering over where they should normally be in the tab, and the smaller visual does highlight when my mouse is over certain options. But it's making every change a guessing game. It's also happened to my 'open recent window' and a bunch of other features... Image attached of how it looks with my library tab.
illustrator bug.png

2. Bounding boxes are glitching. When i drag select an object(s), the box appears as one point. It's not until a pan my mouse back and forth over where the bounding box should be  it appears. Same goes for if I have deselected the box, it remains on screen till I do the same 'erasing' of it with my cursor. I have a hunch this might be from some brushes I'm using? But it was working fine for a day or two, then I booted it up one morning and everything had changed... Image attached is an example of how it looks while I 'reveal' the bounding box.
illustrator bug 2.png

Hope someone could shed some light on this - my illustrator is technically still working but it's taking me double the time to get any work done.

Edit: I've tried installing older versions, glitches are still there.

Edit Edit: Copy + pasted illustrations into a new doc and the boundry box issue has stopped (still there in the old doc). Menu problem still not fixed though.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2020 0

Have something to add?