• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mesh Questions

Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.) I'm not sure what the difference is between applying the Mesh tool in the Toolbox to a shape and using Object > Create Gradient Mesh. When is one tool best used vs. the other?

2.) How many rows and columns should you generally try to make?

3.) I use the Direct Selection tool to click on anchors, though when the Mesh is active, the anchors seem to be solid/filled whether I click on them or not. What should I be doing to select my Mesh points?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. they are the same thing.

2. as many as you need.

3. use the mesh tool to select as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add some comments to Doug's (Hi, Doug) correct answer. If you haven't worked with gradient mesh before, it can be frustrating and confusing. Read the help files. Start with just a few mesh lines to get a feel for how they operate. Getting a couple of them shaped right will make the later ones easier. The best approach depends on the shape of the object. If you run into a problem, come back and ask.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this short video I'm showing the basic construction of meshes. Maybe this helps you understand some of the issues you're facing:

https://youtu.be/aIqGHoLPuuE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im trying to make a gradient mesh such as what you see in this attachement. I want to make an gradient that follows the shape.

My shape is actually much simpler, just a rounded corner rectangle, but i would like to create a similar gradient highlight like this.

Can you point me to any tutorials? thanks.

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 3.53.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't post the same question into every available thread. Thank you.

You might try and create a mesh brush using the plugin Mesh Tormentor.

Mesh Tormentor Adobe Illustrator Plug-in - Complete Guide - Freebies - Vectorboom

Or try and apply a gradient along a stroke and then expand it.

There is a tutorial: https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-how-to-create-a-metal-chair-in-adobe-illustrator-cs6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines