• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mesh tool Problems Helpppp

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have this project that is due in the morning and we have to draw with the pen tool a clipart object of our favorite thing, so i did, then i added color and was about to use the mesh tool to make it 3d and shiny and such, but whenever i roll over to my shape my mouse has the error circle with a cross through it, i already brought it over to a different art board but that didn't work, perhaps it had something to do with colors or when i was messing with the gradient option earlier, but please help, i can't afford to redo this project from scratch and this is the last option i can think of.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of your workspace with the object selected and the layers panel visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black_arrow.jpgWhite arrow.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whenever i try to select one portion of my project it selects the whole thing for some reason too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you create it? Flip open the layer so we can see what kind of object it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the object already have a fill?

If not, you need to click on its path with the mesh tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what you mean, i used the fill option when i was using the pen tool to add colors to my project, but i also used the live paint bucket tool too, maybe that has something to do with it? cause when i click the paths with the mesh tool it doesn't do anything either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a live paint object, or a group that contains live paint, you won't be able to use the mesh tool. 

Select it and go to Object > Live Paint > Expand

Then try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, but for some parts of my project and not others, the glass of the mech i can use the mesh on, but not the metal above it, or the metal on the arms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to show what's inside the layers and group.

Also: we don't know what is "metal" in your artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's late, my descriptions are garbage right now lol but whatever is blue on the mech is metal, and the greenish round color object in the direct center is the glass. Most of the second layer is path's, some say compound paths thoughLayer 1.jpgLayer2.jpgLayer 2 continue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Compound paths won't work with the mesh tool.

Are you sure you even need gradient meshes?

Gradients don't work? Freeform gradients?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines