Messed up values on size and corners. Numbers don't match what I have entered.

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to version 25.0.1 and there are more glitches than ever regarding values.

For example I have selected some corners to be 0.5 px but then if I select any of them that number will be different on each of them:

Corners.png

Another thing (already happening before latest update) is that I have 2 shapes that get reduced a little when I use the "Add" function in the pathfinder window and I cannot think of a reason to why:

Shapes.png

Am I missing changing any option here?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Messed up values on size and corners. Numbers don't match what I have entered.

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated to version 25.0.1 and there are more glitches than ever regarding values.

For example I have selected some corners to be 0.5 px but then if I select any of them that number will be different on each of them:

Corners.png

Another thing (already happening before latest update) is that I have 2 shapes that get reduced a little when I use the "Add" function in the pathfinder window and I cannot think of a reason to why:

Shapes.png

Am I missing changing any option here?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce your first problem, but for your second one; does it improve when you set the Pathfiner Options > Precision to its smallest value?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton,

When seaching for similar issues here on the forum, I've found what you mention and changed the value but that did not solve the issue.

For the other one I tried everything, changing the position to rounded numbers, pasting on a new document but that is still happening, check here how the corner number changes depending on which I select: https://recordit.co/re9Vup9HmG 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention that also tried using rounded numbers like 1, or 2 but the result is the same, some go down to 0.9992 px and other go up to 1.0006 px.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus, if I use the arrows the number 2 does not even show up. It is replaced by 1.9421 px: https://recordit.co/EXNqQJrBPQ 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did  you already try to restart your machine, restart Illustrator, reset your preferences (make sure to backup things like your custom swatches, symbols, brushes...)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course that was my first approach and it still an issue. How do I roll back to my previous version? It still had values issues, though which I've reported here also.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard the question, I rolled back to 24.1.3 and issue is still there!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Resources