Messing around with the fonts since late update - not cool!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, not sure if this is just a random issue, but I a file created in April of this year has given the "text made in old version of Illustrator and may change... blah blah" warning. Once ok is hit to edit it actually does change the spacing in the font. The kerning goes to (1) instead of optical with tracking +5. When changed back the kerning and tracking with proper spacing - it does not match! Another time wasting glitch. Please address this. Screen shot attached. black text is " old" April 2021 file pink text is "updated" with same kerning/tracking re-entered.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This is a user to user community. Please report bugs here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for advising.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save the files with backwards compatibility (either on purpose or accidentally). I've never seen that message come up in files of the same version.

what version CC was your file saved in?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a copy of the old file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can not as it is company property and not my own personal file.

Thank you for trying to assist.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julia,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS & Illustrator? Do you see this behavior with a specific file or font? Would it be possible for you to share a sample file? This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! So frustrating. All the text spacing is messed up and I have over 50 artboards. Redooing all the text is NOT an option. I'm talking to support. Will update if I get an answer...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ashutosh,

I'm having the same problem. I have files created in version 25.2.3 that when opened in 25.3.1 give me the "text created in different version" error. When I say OK it messes up all the spacing. 

So I tried installing the older version and was able to edit the text in the old files just fine.

But, I now have files created in 25.3.1 that I'm opening in 25.2.3 and then I get the same error and the same changes in spacing.

Running macOS Big Sur 11.4 on a 2017 iMac Pro. Font is Calibri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same iissue! I'm speaking with support right now. I'll give an update if I get an answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed a bug with the latest version 25.3.1. I downloaded 25.2.3 and the Text diisplay is fine

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 3.30.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-29 at 3.37.35 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines