• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mimaki Finecut 9

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Mimaki FineCut 9 plugin to work on Illustrator 2021? 

TOPICS
Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As per Mimaki, Finecut 9 is not compatible with the Adobe Illustrator 2021. If you wish to use the plugin, please install the Adobe Illustrator 2020.

For more information, please contact Mimaki as suggested by Monika & Test Screen Name. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably not compatible. You should contact Mimaki about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been fixed, don't know by who, I suspect Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can't fix plugins. You must contact the maker. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They can fix Illustrator, the plugin worked with the previous version, NOW
it works with current version. We didn't reinstall or change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I write plug-ins, and I wish it worked that way. But it doesn't. If it still doesn't work, contact the maker. It is ONLY their responsibility to fix it, or choose not to. Never upgrade immediately if your plug-ins are important!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my post "it works now" and we didn't do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But nor did Adobe do anything! There hasn't been a patch for Illustrator 2021, so far as I know, just your original release. Adobe can't reach into your computer and fix it, except by sending a new update. So, looks like a transient error, luckily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nach dem 25.01 Update und dem "händischen" Verschieben des Finecut plug-ins aus der 2020 Version startet dies mit in der neuen 2021 Version. Ob es am Update lag kann ich nicht sagen, da es vorher ablief. Auf alle Fälle erkennt die Installationsroutine von Mimaki die 2021 Illustrator Version nicht als kompatibel an, somit ist ein "clean install" nicht möglich - und etwaige Bugs sind dadurch natürlich nicht ausgeschlossen ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy you got it working, but I tried yesterday and it didn't work. was there anything, in particular, you did as you were installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't make a "clean install" because Finecut Installation exe didn't notice the new Illustrator Version (I think it's only a missing flag and not an incompatibility) . You have to take the plug-in from the Old Illustrator Version (where it still has had running) and copy / paste it in the new Illustrator Plug-in folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe its also a reason why the plugin from the 2020 Illustrator Version (WIN10/64bit) still works on my 2021 Version, because it has been registered in the 2020 Version earlier?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is my workaround (Win10/64bit) for installing Finecut:

--

1. Install Version 2020 or earlieer Version of Illustrator.

2. Install Mymaki Finecut 1.3 with Serial Number (maybe its nessecary to start Illustrator for registration number).

3. Goto Plug-In Folder from Illustrator 2020 and copy the Finecut PlugIn and paste it on desktop.

4. Install Version 2021, or update installed Version 2020...

5. Goto Plug-In Folder from Illustror 2021and copy/paste the plug-in fom desktop.

6. delete Version 2020.

--

for me, it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. As per Mimaki, Finecut 9 is not compatible with the Adobe Illustrator 2021. If you wish to use the plugin, please install the Adobe Illustrator 2020.

For more information, please contact Mimaki as suggested by Monika & Test Screen Name. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't download 2020 version, Adobe automatically upgrades you to 2021 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an active subscription? Old versions are not available in trial mode. And you MUST MUST MUST turn off automatic updates if you rely on plug-ins that need old versions!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can install Illustrator 24.3 (2020 Version) via creative cloud additionally... (Submenu: other Versions). It's ok for preinstalling Mimakis Plug in and moving into Plugins Folder 2021 manually (from Plugins Folder 2020).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines