• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing font when select all and create outline text (Thai language) !!!

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing font when I created outline text on my artwork in Thai language.

Step:

1. Content

1544203401809.jpg

2. Select all (command + A, notice underline is not cover all sentence)

1544203429377.jpg

3. Create outline

1544203417220.jpg

4. Font missing at the end of sentence.

1544203467156.jpg

My solution for this case ... I had to re-type or double click to select all sentence until underline cover all of them before change to outline. So, that's waste time and it make me trouble if I have a lot of content to create outline in 1 artwork.

I'd never found problem like this when I used illustrator cc 2018.

Please kindly advise to solve this issue. Thank in advance. ^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this issue. There may be a problem with the Illustrator installation. Make sure that you have the most current update for Illustrator, Illustrator CC 2019, release 22.0.1.

If your software is up to date, you can try resetting preferences or uninstall/reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your support. ^^

Now, I use version 23.0.1. However, I had already tried both (reset preference by Shift+Option+Command) and reinstalled. But I still face this problem. What should I do anything else? Please kindly suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any duplicate type underneath the type that you are making into outlines?

Do you have more than one piece of text that is not visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has only single box text and does not have duplicate type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with the latest version of illustrator. I'm also working with arabic text.

Most of the time only 1 digit get vanish from most of the text and other problem is when you select he number in arabic it won't show you slected with highlighted black.

It's affermeatively nothing to do with setup or windows or mac. Just a problem with version because they added some new features in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem occur where at the end of sentence in Thai language only.

When I selected all objects in artwork, I found it's not cover overall sentence (underlines were not cover whole sentence).

Who have the same problem with me? Please kindly share solutions. Thank you and thank in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what you described, it sounds like it has something to do with that particular font. I have not had that problem; on the other hand, I don't have any Thai fonts on my system.

If you upload the font, I will test it on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Babara,

Sorry for lately reply and thank you for your help.

If you don't mind, I would like to download font from sharing link as below.

https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Mitr

Because of this problem, I have to stop using the new version due to my customers blamed a lots for my mistake of spelling. T__T

(After customers approved all sentences, I converted all sentences to outline and send them to printing factory!!! So, it made me trouble for hard copies.)

Thank you for your help again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for uploading the font. However, the link did not work and gave the following message:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Barbara,

I would like to give you a link again as below link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hcv5v-9VVj95wMmvpYy60p7x5U_zk9TS

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the first font, Mitr-Bold. I was not able to replicate the problem.

This is a text area filled with placeholder text using Mitr-Bold. All text is  underlined.

After converting to outlines, all text is converted.

I would need to see your file to try to troubleshoot why all the text is not being selected.

You could try checking if all the text is one piece of text and not split into separate pieces.

You could also check the Character panel to make sure that there are no unusual settings. These are my settings:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! many thank you for your support (and sorry for lately reply).

For my character panel, it show no unusual setting.

The problem was occurred in Thai typing only (when I type in English with Mitr or others, they were normal).

However, they were not all time font missing (but I could not predict when It will miss or not, that's too risk).

I will try again. So, I appreciate for your helping a lot Barbara. ^____^

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Maybe a slightly different technique would work and be more consistent. What happens if you use the Selection tool to drag over the whole text frame to select it and then choose Type > Create Outlines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem with arabic and webrew text, downgraded to illustrator 24.0.1 to solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a specific fix for you, but I do have a suggestion and a possible work-around.

The suggestion is to use Select> Objects> All Text Objects, instead of Select All, It probably won't help, but It might.

The work-around is to save your Illustrator file as a PDF, using the default settings, then convert the fonts to outlines in Acrobat. Here is a link explaining how to do it:

https://indesignsecrets.com/converting-text-to-outlines-the-right-way-updated.php

Note, the font must allow embedding, (free fonts from the internet often do not).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Luke,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try. ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? We're having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kmusbod  schrieb

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? We're having the same problem.

How do you outline text?

Have you tried Object > Flatten transparency (in the options check "Outline text")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika,

That works! Thanks so much. Not as quick as the old normal way of outlining text (Text>Create Outlines), but works.

Wonder why this changed in CC2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem with hebrew fonts, the flatten transparency gives the needed resalt but thats not fixing the problemv!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My solution is the same as the op (double click to edit the text until the line below text is covered entirely).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having the some issue too. My solution was to delete it and make a new font. It's not easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still remain in the latest version (25.1). Anyway, I've tried Object>Flatten transparency but the result is everything I have chosen are grouped together (which make a mess on the layer). It's a good solution but it's not the direct way to solve the problem.

If the illustrator's team has any update on this language, please us know. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines