Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing handles when zoomed out

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 
hope someone can help before I completely lose it. I'm drawing a truck trailer, made up at the moment of many rectangles, when zoomed out smaller rectangles have 2 of the handles missing!
Why , oh why, is this so difficult, CS6 works fine, when zoomed out I have access to all rectangle control points. In 2020, I have to keep zooming in and out to gain access to these cointrol points. Why would I not want to see them????
Dear Adobe..... why do you persist in making workflow difficult for me?

Granger

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

If by default tool you actually mean the Selection tool: That would be the V key.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime you may use the Free Transform tool (default shortcut E) as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kurt

thanks but that's what I'm having to do at the moment, so it's an extra 2 processes. (write down the width which can be to 3 decimal places, resize to the height I need and then re-input the width again).  I need to size these by eye , not by measurements.  I can drag out to make it bigger but it scales it proportionately as the only handle is on the corner, I need to make the rectangle I have, longer.

In CS6 no matter how narrow a rectangle is, I always get 3 control points on each side, 

It must be possible, it's just a default setting somewhere (which is stupid), clearly no-one at Adobe uses this stuff in the real world.  If the workaround is to do it in cs6 then I need a refund

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it by eye with the Free Transform tool, Granger.

I meant the Free Transform tool (just hit the E key to activate it).

I did not mean the Transform palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good, is there a keystroke to get back to the default tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by default tool you actually mean the Selection tool: That would be the V key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kurt, that's a workaround for now, I'm on to Adobe Help ( a misnomer if ever there was...)... they've had me deleting certificates and background activities....

... no change

thanks for your help.... CS6 is good, shame the money machine killed it

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One serious issue in older versions of Illustrator (such as CS6) was that scaling zoomed out objects with the bounding box caused undesired shiftings. They considerably changed their position. In my eyes a bug or at least a shortcoming.

In recent versions of Illustrator that does not happen anymore, but at the same time it does not explain your complaint about the missing handles, of course. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you more about that. I'm not an Illustrator engineer (who may possibly explain the current behaviour).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines