Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing images from file

New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I use illustrator mainly for for fashion design usage. I will sometimes take a screenshot of a part of a garment I have drawn on illustrator and place it on an artboard inside a shape using the clipping mask tool. I will also sometimes paste images from the internet into the file too. 

My issue is that when I save, close and reopen the file. I constantly get the same message saying

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 17.10.41.png

I normally press ignore but then my image is missing. Can someone please tell me how in future I can paste any kind of image into a file and it not go missing when I save and come back.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about embedding the image?  When a linked image is selected, an embed button is available in the control panel (below the menu bar at the top of the window). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

default4,

As I (mis)understand it, you can embed those images rather than linking them, or you can save them to the same folder as the AI document and link to them there.

When linking from a place that the document no longer has any connexion to, the link is broken.

Edit: Hi Femke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines