• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing links for only one user of shared Illustrator files

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having issues with a bunch of Illustrator files that are being shared by multiple users through Google Drive File Stream. When I open any of these files the links are missing but this only seems to be happening to me, everyone else say when they open these files the links appear fine.

I deleted the Illustrator preferences file in case there was something in there causing an issue,

I reinstalled Google Drive File Stream app maybe that would do it but still nothing,

I have double checked to make sure the paths on mine and others computers are the same so as there is no conflict there and the administrator of the shared files says he has given me all permissions and still no solution.

What could it be? I know that the other designers are on Macs and I on Windows, could it be the incompatibility and if so what is the solution?

Please, any assistance would be greatly appreaciated.

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried saving your files to a different location or to other cloud services? Are you experiencing the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I can't save them to another cloud service because they are not mine, I am only edititing the existing files for a client. And if I download them to my hard drive I need to relink files anyway so that defeats the purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi this happens to me as well as the same with others in my team, did you solve it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is due to the different locations Google Drive mounts on individual machines. A linked file on machine A will reference that machine's user in the file path so opening on machine B means the link cannot be found.
It's worth noting that InDesign doesn't have the same issue. Files must be referenced differently. My knowledge here runs dry though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines