• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing/ Nameless Image Links When Opening Files in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't moved any links to other folders but when I open some files, the links are not there (it is a blank bounding box). It won't even show the link with a name. It is nameless in the Links panel. This is very frustrating because without the link file name, I can't even relink it if I don't remember every single link. I have not moved anything and this issue has been consistent with multiple illustrator files.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this trouble. That's definitely not a typical experince with application. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Is the issue related to a specific document?
  • Where the files and linked images are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

We’re here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I'm responding because the issue happened again. I'm on Windows 10, Illustrator 24.2.3. This issue is related to any document I had opened before the forced restart. The linked images are saved on the system HDDs (there's 3 of them). Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar issue when I open a file that is in an older version of AI none of my links are found. I have to manually relink each one (!!!!) If I find a folder with multiple missing links it does not auto relink them? I have wasted hours of time relinking files. This happened with AI 2020 as well.

MAC CC 2021

OS 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday night, my computer restarted on its own. When I reopened Illustrator, it gave me recovered files however all of the links in these files are now missing. They didn't even leave a file name for me to search and relink. This is the first time it's happened to me. Previously the recovered files always kept my links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines