• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing pages and content when opening in Illustrator 2021

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from some 2020 to 2021, and when I open multi-page documents, most of the content is missing. Just one page available out of 20 or so. When I look at the thumbnail image that pops up in the finder with a spacebar, you can see all the pages. 

Note, this does not happen with all multi page files. Just the one I need of course. 

Any idea what is going on here? Has anybody else had this issue?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Finder uses the embedded PDF for the Preview. You could try if the content is there when opening the files in Acrobat.

Where are the files located?

You should be able to install the older version. When you install and use it, is the missing content there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see all the pages when I open in acrobat. I tried to export to a new .pdf from acrobat, but it says it exceeds the limit of 100MB and won't proceed. I'd also lose all my layer organization.

I think I'm going to have to roll back to 2020. What a headache.

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you're opening a multi-page pdf, are you making sure to indicate the page range you want to open? I circles the field you need to use to specify to open certain pages. It defaults to page 1. If you have a 20 page document and want to enter them all, you need to specify pages "1-20". 

DRock22_0-1619720475482.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it's not a .PDF, its a multi-page AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm working with a AI file as well. I just opened it in acrobat to see what happened because that was mentioned earlier in this thread, and sure enough my missing element showed up.

I just did a clean uninstall and reinstall of the program and now it decides to work. Maybe that will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. I have a file that someone else designed, and anytime I preview the file or open it in acrobat, I can see everything. When I open it in illustrator, one of the main text elements is no where to be found. Its not a multi-page document. It doesn't say there is a missing font (I know this because I have to identify a different missing font every time I open it). Any ideas?

Harrison5C26_0-1619720930245.pngHarrison5C26_1-1619721055741.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines