Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing paragraph styles on embedded pdfs

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I created and saved a pdf file with illustrator. Then I place this pdf file in another file. When I embed it, paragraph styles such as alignment and edited layer names are missing. All of the layers backs to default. It aligns texts to the left and changed edited text layer names to default. Is there a way to embed a file without losing original settings?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no character or paragraph styles in a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn't know about that. I tried it with embeded .ai file, it still has the default style on texts. Is there a way to embed it with styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator files, by default, contain an embedded PDF. This is what you see when you preview the file in anything but Illustrator, when you place the file in InDesign, or when you rasterize it in Photoshop. This is also what you see when you place the Illustrator file in Illustrator.

If you want access to the style in the file you can copy and paste. You can also load the styles from another file from the flyout menu in the Paragraph Styles or Character Styles panels.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 9.12.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please watch this about Illustrator files: https://youtu.be/IpDh8Y7q8yE

Illustrator has a special way of saving native files. You should know this in order to be able to set the correct options and to recover some of your artwork when things go wrong. More info about saving files in Illustrator Saving safely: http://vektorgarten.de/illustrator-saving-safely.html ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines