• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing preview images

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to Catalina I cannot see the preview images any longer, the preview images have been replaced with the Ai icon, frustrating! Is therev a remedy for tis to get back the  preview images so I don't havve to open every file?

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

These seem to be text files containing code for Freehand 10. When I double-click on them, they open in my default text editing program. First words in the file: "Freehand 10." See attached screenshot.

Are they Freehand files and you no longer have Freehand installed?

Were these ever saved as AI files?

If I try for force the files to open in Illustrator, I get an error saying it's an unknown format. (Se screenshot below.)

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 1.59.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-18 at 2.01.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

No, you didn't convert them.

They are still FreeHand files.

When I add the .fh10 extension, I get a preview on my system (Mac OS 10.10)and I can open them in Illustrator CS5.

You can get the Tensai FH Import plugin for more recent Illustrator versions and then may still open the files.

Or pay someone to convert them for you in Illustrator CS5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v201qmlnso6l4ak/10%20%E2%80%94%20HEART%20FAILURE%20%E2%80%94%201.ai?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. This looks like a file association issue. Please change PDF files association from Adobe Illustrator to Preview. Please follow the instructions given on this article and see if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh, I followed the article and selected a file, Get info and I changed it to Adobe Illustrator 2020, Change all, but it didn't work after I relaunched, so I tried with Adobe Illustrator CC 2017, Change all, but still the files will not open. I have offered to send some typical files on an email if anyone is willing to accept as I can't work out how to attach the file to this forum as click and drag doesn't work and the field to fill in fot the attachment icon needs a link, any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could upload the files to Dropbox or the like and post a link in this forum.

Do the files open when you open them via File > Open?

If they do, then the issue is not with your files, but with your system.

Do you perhaps have some extension installed that interferes? Some people had issues with QuickView extensions that were still present on their system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Here is a WeTransferlink that should let you download the files for which I cannot see the content

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/28ee26a553fa618473b5a3cd27843ecf20200818172629/02142e8ac3deb97bf9af...

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These seem to be text files containing code for Freehand 10. When I double-click on them, they open in my default text editing program. First words in the file: "Freehand 10." See attached screenshot.

Are they Freehand files and you no longer have Freehand installed?

Were these ever saved as AI files?

If I try for force the files to open in Illustrator, I get an error saying it's an unknown format. (Se screenshot below.)

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 1.59.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-18 at 2.01.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, yes they are probaly all Freehand files that I converted to an early version of ai. files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I afraid that what you have now is corrupted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Freehand installed on some other older computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you didn't convert them.

They are still FreeHand files.

When I add the .fh10 extension, I get a preview on my system (Mac OS 10.10)and I can open them in Illustrator CS5.

You can get the Tensai FH Import plugin for more recent Illustrator versions and then may still open the files.

Or pay someone to convert them for you in Illustrator CS5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v201qmlnso6l4ak/10%20%E2%80%94%20HEART%20FAILURE%20%E2%80%94%201.ai?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I exported or save as to Illustrator 8.8 I think, quite a whie ago now, assuming they would all be ok. I will have to settle for what you suggest.

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just received this from Apple:

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 19.30.35.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines