Highlighted

Missing properties panel in sidebar

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to AI 2020. I am using a online tutorial to help begin. I am following everything the instructor say, but in the video,  he has on the right side panel, 3 sections; properties, layers and libraries. I do not have "properties". My question is this: how do I get the properties panel to be displayed on the right hand sidebar. 
I have selected "reset essentials" and then "essentials".  I have also tried to access it by selecting "windows" from the top tool bar and then "properties" but nothing happens. 
help 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing properties panel in sidebar

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to AI 2020. I am using a online tutorial to help begin. I am following everything the instructor say, but in the video,  he has on the right side panel, 3 sections; properties, layers and libraries. I do not have "properties". My question is this: how do I get the properties panel to be displayed on the right hand sidebar. 
I have selected "reset essentials" and then "essentials".  I have also tried to access it by selecting "windows" from the top tool bar and then "properties" but nothing happens. 
help 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had the Properties panel open on another monitor, closed it, and then opened it by going to Window, then it would reopen where you had it last. But if you selected Essentials, it should show it on the right. I did see some other folks reported the missing Properties panel issue as a bug in version 22.0.1 on Uservoice. You could upvote that post (it's where the Illustrator team looks for reported issues). I'd recommend adding a comment with your OS and which version of Illustrator you're using. The current version is 24.2.1. If you don't have the current version, you might try updating to see if you can get the Properties panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0