• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing tools in Illustrator

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my tools have disappeared from my toolbox.  I cannot retrieve them from the main list as they are all greyed out and the reset option is also greyed out.  They were all fine until yesterday lunchtime and then just vanished.  I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator but they are still not there.  Anyone any smart ideas?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what happens if you open the Toolbar menu and select Advanced option?

2020-11-19_18-38-35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much the same.  The Polygon, Elipse tool and others are still missing and everything is greyed out.  Doesn't matter if I select basic or advanced I still cannot access them and cannot reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show please a screenshot with Tools panel when you keep the cursor on any multy-tool button (press the button and keep it for a second or so).
And also what about creating a new toolbar? Does the program allow you to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-11-20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the documentation of how this works: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/tools.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is of no use as everything is greyed out so I cannot carry out anything 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot with your toolbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go2020-11-20 (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said the polygon tool is missing. Is it not stacked under the rectangle tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the shape tools and they are all greyed out on the right-hand side so I cannot move them into my toolbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are thwy not already in the toolbar? Is the polygon tool not in the stack with the rectangle tool, for instance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No loads of them are missing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

generally this means that all tools are already in your toolbar. Try to click on the Rectangle button keeping Alt pressed. What does happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to read the part about how the configuration is working.

When clicking on the 3 dots what you are doing is configure the toolbar.

The 3 dots are not meant for working with the tools.

So please read the documentation. Completely. Not just the first 2 lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. If it is not, please try resetting the preferences of the app & let us know if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines