Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

modify perspective grid to modify artwork on it

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have designed the façade of a buiding and the connecting side in the alley round the corner. Next, I have drawn a 2 vanishing points perspective grid and positionned the facades on the grid. Fine, I have my street corner with my building wrapping it.

BUT, I find the perspective a bit too low, so I would like to change the height of the horizon, and maybe shorten depth of field and have more compact buildings.perspective grid question.jpg

MY QUESTION : there must be a way to alter the perspective grid and have the facades "follow" the changes ?

Thank you for your attention and your help.

Philippe /

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

If all objects are still attached to the perspective grid, this is possible. You have to lock the station point in View > Perspective grid and then you can use the perspective grid tool to change the horizon line.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe it is possible to do this. In my limited experience with the Perspective Grid I've found that it's best to draw everything I can flat and attach copies to the grid or, for repeating elements like your windows, make (flat) Symbols of them and attach those in perspective, or even build a whole façade flat, and attach a copy of that, so that you always have the original if you change your mind about your perspective. Some elements, of course, have to be added in perspective, so this would not apply. Sorry not to have a happier response.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter.

I twe looking for a dynamic way to do it.
I think Monika gave me a clue. on View/Perspective Grid/Lock Station Point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all objects are still attached to the perspective grid, this is possible. You have to lock the station point in View > Perspective grid and then you can use the perspective grid tool to change the horizon line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monika, your help is really appreciated.

When I use the View/Perspective Grid/Lock Station Point I can do what I wanted to achieve.

Best,

Philippe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Monika. I've read and reread the material in the user guide and never grasped that that was possible. Apologies to Philippe.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was only added some versions ago. That option has not been there from the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines