• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse cursor is too slow in New Illustrator CC 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse cursor is too slow in New Illustrator CC 2019 after update.

Older illustrator is deleted.

I cannot work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

After having descaled the UI to original scale (smallest) and unchecking "adjust cursor proportionally" the problem seems to have been resolved for me.

Hopefully this might help for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case is not only the cursor i was testing illustrator after the update, using my wacom, my first thought was that the wacom was failing because in every action i have a "delay" when i set a color takes like 1 second to see the change, the zoom is not smooth is chopped, when i create a new shape the delay appears too.

I try to test diferent settings and also i update my video drivers with no luck 😕

It's really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reslove this? Had the same issues with my wacon intuos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also run into this issue after the latest update—all the regular processing in the program seems to work in a timely manner. However, when you are hovering over or working on the art board itself, the curser becomes laggy / delayed. When hovering over the menus / sidebar there is no lag, only when you're working in the art board.

The program is still usable, but extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Text editing is the worst. So very frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can re-install the older version. In the future, when you "Update" Illustrator "Option+Click" and choose "Advanced" then un-check "Delete older versions".

I don't know why Adobe hides this feature. I NEVER intentionally delete older versions because there are inevitably bugs and incompatibilities with new software. "Keep old version" should be the default, IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having descaled the UI to original scale (smallest) and unchecking "adjust cursor proportionally" the problem seems to have been resolved for me.

Hopefully this might help for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. I would call this more of a "workaround" than a "resolution". If "scaling" the UI slows the interface there is either a software or hardware issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution has not worked for me. This update to Illustrator is virtually unuasble due to this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely unusable for me too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve this just by turning off "adjust cursor proportionally" in Preferences > User Interface. I didn't have to change the new UI Scaling otherwise as someone mentioned, just the Cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well, thank god. It was very distracting and annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have turned off "adjust cursor proportionally", restarted the new illustrator but the performance is still lagging behind. moving objects around, it being text or just vectors seems to work in slow motion. it's a stark difference from 2018 version which works flawlessly. its almost as thought my PC has no memory left which is impossible with 64GB or RAM and 8GB on video card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning on GPU performance fixed it for me when UI Scaling didn't so give that a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on my end, everything is turned on and optimized including GPU. I've been professionally using adobe illustrator since version 2, I had very little issues with the app until this latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cursor scaling and smallest size worked for me, as suggested. Kind of shocked that my new (to me) Imac 27" 5k seems to be slow and choppy even with those changes. At least it is slightly more usable. Not as lightning fast as I had hoped!

thanks for the work around. I would hope that Adobe could maximize performance and usability going forward.. or maybe I should try using an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, can you give instructions on how to do these? tried googling, not finding where to locate these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have Sidecar running, try disconnecting. This was the cause for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines