Move-Transform object function on iPad Illustrator? And drawing true straight lines with pen tool.

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just switched to Illustrator on the iPad from Mac desktop and there are two desktop functions I'm having a hard time finding an alternative for.

1. Moving an object by a specific value - I.e. on desktop I would move an object by using Transform - Move - then specify the horizontal or vertical value that I would like to move it. 

2. Pen tool - on desktop Illustrator I would create straight lines by holding Shift key down when plotting points. On the iPad I've tried having grid view on and snapping to grid, but it doesn't seem to actually do it...

Thanks, appreciate any suggestions for similar functions! 

TOPICS
Draw and design, Feature request, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: just found the X-Y function in transform 🤦🏻‍:female_sign: Can't believe I didn't catch that before. That's the moving an object taken care of, if anyone has a suggestion for drawing straight lines with the pen tool that would still be great!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you are looking for the Touch shortcut:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/workspace-on-iPad.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines