• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple files popping up for one file (:1 and :2)

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have accidentally clicked some magical combination of keys to get this, but for some reason, I open one document and two pop up with the same name, but a :1 and :2 behind them. Any ideas what the heck I may have done? I haven't seen this before in 15 years of using Illustrator!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file contains two windows (see Window menu > New Window). That is pretty useful in many situations.

If you do not want to have two windows of the same file, just close one of them and save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks Kurt!

Is it supposed to save the "I don't want two windows" option? It keeps opening two windows for me when I shut down Illustrator and open up that one file again. It's kinda funky, but I am glad to have learned something new today. 😉 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not the normal behaviour.

If you close the additional window and then save (or save as) the file, the additional window should not appear if you reopen the file.

I don't know why that does not work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines