• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple tabs open and saving

Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have multiple illustrator tabs open and I switch (by clicking on it) to another open and already saved tab and I've litterally done nothing in the file, it wants to save it, why?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post screenshots? 

When you check Edie > Undo … is the last operation definitely one you performed before the last saving? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure screenshot would help since I haven't performed any operations.  The only difference would be the * next to the name in job tab showing it now needs to be saved again.

"When you check Edie > Undo … is the last operation definitely one you performed before the last saving?"

Yes, it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue so far. 

What have you done for all-purpose trouible-shooting so far? (Like resetting the Preferences …)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing maybe I should mention is that I do have the CAD tools plug in.  Not sure it that affects anything, but I had noticed in the past when I used to use a portion of it called Timesheet that it would trigger the save astrisk when I hadn't done anything...BUT...I haven't used that particular part of CAD tools plug in for a very long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've litterally done nothing in the file, it wants to save it, why?

By @Emac_trademark

I don't know whether this might apply, but nothing you've said so far rules it out. If you open a file that was last saved in a previous version of Illustrator, you'll get the 'unsaved' asterisk as soon as it's open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to know, but that's not what's happening.

I've already saved the currently open file as my current version of Illustrator, but I keep it open, click on another open file tab within Ilustrator and as soon as I do that, the previous tab I was just in puts an asterisk next to it's name indicating I need to save it again...even though I just did that and did not perform any operations other than clicking on another open tab within Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with me, Looking for  solutions. Maybe there is some settings issue in illustrator :/. Keep me updated as well if got any solution.

HideThatFat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines