• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple windows issue - Illustrator CC 2017

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have the AI latest release and I'm facing an issue with multiple windows on two different screens of the same project.
The layers panel is not responding when I want to open a layer tree, block and hide/show.

I read there are some problems with the GPU preview so I tried to disabled it but the problem is still there.

I'm the only one who's facing this problem? Should I submit a bug report?

Thanks

-

Julio

PC specs:

OSMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro
OS Version10.0.15063 build 15063
System modelAlienware Aurora R6
System typePC based on x64
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4200 Mhz, 4 core, 8 logic processors
Version/dataAlienware 1.0.4, 23/02/2017

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Just downloaded Illustrator 23 and it looks like the problem has been resolved *fingers crossed* Multi Views with different states FTW!

Can anyone else confirm this?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and put Illustrator onto the other screen and check if the problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!
No, nothing changes, unfortunately the problem is still there.

-
Julio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care:

Contact Customer Care

(you have to be logged in with your Adobe ID when using that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika Gause​ I'm sorry bothering you but netiher the Customer Care nor any forums posts didn't solved my problem.

I updated every drivers but the problem is still there. How can I submit a bug report to Adobe?

Thanks

-
Julio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug report can be fond here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Can you be a bit more precise?

Does that happen with any file?

Are there any third party plugins installed in Illustrator?

What exactly is in the file?

What exactly happens? It's slow, but does it show at all?

How much RAM is installed in the computer?

How big is the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, happens with any file, also New Documents.

I don't have any third party plugins installed.
My PC has 32gb RAM, but it does not seem a RAM issue.

I try to explain what I'm doing:

1. Open an empty New Document
  2. Add two new layers
  3. Draw something on every layer
  4. Duplicate the window going to Window > New Window (I want to have a general view of my drawing in a window and work on the details in the second window)
  5. Now I try to hide/block/open the layers from the Layer Panel. It doesn't work.

I hope you can see what's happening:

FXbxXvaArH.gif

You can't see the clicks but I click many times on the eye icon but it responds on average 1 time on 10.
No response when I press the arrow icon to open the layer tree.

Closing the second duplicated window works smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you.

That might be an issue with your graphics card.

Can you try if it works better when you turn off GPU acceleration?

Can you try and update the graphics card driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried to disable del GPU acceleration but gives me the same result.

I have a GTX 1080 and I already updated the driver, is the latest release.

Thanks for your help!

-
Julio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kinda weird, because the graphics cards doesnt influence the layers panel or does it? I thought this was actually a feature. But its bugging me now, i need to do everything now twice, counter intuitive. I t could be handy when one needs to comparing work or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julio and Monika. I am having the same issue with multiple view windows of the same doc. It's been a problem for me ever since I upgraded to CC (from CS6) a year ago.

The first computer (Dell XPS 8900) was a Windows 10 Pro x64 machine and it affected all versions of Illustrator CC (I installed and tested every single one of them, I was also troubleshooting issues with the Overprint Preview).

That computer had a Geforce GTX 745 graphics card (a low-end OEM Dell card). Core i7 6700, 16GB RAM, fast SSD + secondary scratch disk. Like Julio I updated graphics drivers and tried disabling GPU acceleration. I also optimized the NVIDIA settings according to Adobe's recommendations, and other settings found in forums for addressing different issues altogether. The problem persists no matter what. I assumed it was probably a hardware issue and didn't pursue it further.

On that first computer I used a Yiynova 22U+ graphics/tablet monitor (like a Chinese Cintiq).

Recently I got a new computer, an Alienware R5 with Geforce GTX 1080 graphics card, 32GB RAM, fast M.2 SSD + secondary hdd, Core i7 6700 processor.

On the second computer I use a Wacom Cintiq 27UHD graphics/tablet monitor.

Same multi-window problems in Illustrator no matter what the configuration or file. It also doesn't matter what monitor the windows are on in my dual monitor set up.

It seems that something is interfering with the mouse click, like some process is double-triggering the click 9 out of 10 times (like Julio described, I can get the layer to toggle visibility or lock if I keep clicking rapidly.

It's a major pain though, especially with my workflow which involves having a second window/view on a very large monitor showing the whole canvas while I work around the canvas on the Cintiq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having the same issue. Shut down, uninstalled illustrator, reinstalled, nothing seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem.

For what it's worth, I've added my vote to the bug report. But it's now only 3 votes so far.
Here's hopin'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue as the OP in Illustrator 22.1.

I would like to add that on my system the layer panel opens and closes layer trees fine between both windows until one window has a different layer state than the other. I have to hide a layer in one window to reproduce the bug. Resyncing the layer visibility between windows makes the bug go away...but this is not a solution.

Disabling the GPU Performance doesn't work. I think its a panel state issue.

I downgraded to CC 2015.3 but still had the issue. Closing the second window for the same document returns proper layer panel functionality, but two views into the same document is very helpful. I also notice other panels become very sluggish when two windows are open for the same document and this bug is present.

My Setup:
Mac Pro 2013
OSX 10.13.6
AMD FirePro D500 x 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to take a screen recording of the issue, hope this helps. Sorry for the large gif:

screencast-2018-09-09-07-38-18.1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video describing the same issue.

TouchscreenANDlayers.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIF recording don't help.

They can't be stopped, slowed down, enlarged, they contain no explanation. Just doesn't make sense.

Please contact Customer Care. They can login to your computer:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this issue listed as "Assumed Answered"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DrAjao  schrieb

Why is this issue listed as "Assumed Answered"?

Trust me, that is a question that the forum teams have been discussing for years, but no one can tell.

And since you have posted into an old thread, you can't even mark it solved, even when this should some day be solved. So not creating your own thread for your issue has not been a good descision.

Please call support to solve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded Illustrator 23 and it looks like the problem has been resolved *fingers crossed* Multi Views with different states FTW!

Can anyone else confirm this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the bug seems fixed now, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines