Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My colors look different when exported out of Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii...

When I export my poster design from Illustrator to .png, the colours are different. Here are my colour settings:color settings.png

color mode.png

Now here is the screenshot with exported png open in windows Photos app side by side to Illustrator.

with photos app.png

Now here is the exported pdf open in Adobe Acrobat side by side to Illustrator.

with acrobat.png

Then to see if this had something to with colour change while exporting, I brought these two back to Illustrator:png brought backpng brought back

This is with png brought back.pdf brought backpdf brought back

This is with pdf brought back.

You can see that the colours become the same again.

Please help me out. I am stuck on this since ages.

If you need any more info about the file or my settings, please reply here and I will post it to you.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Well, do you actually use color management? It seems you don't and the nthe differences would be perfectly normal. You have instated a specific monitor profile on your system, but are not using it inside the applications for soft proofing, hence the colors look different. Otehr than that there could of course be similar issues with GPU-accelerated previews that figure in, so just to test switch to software-only mode.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Your document uses RGB colors and represent or match their color values to a sRGB preview.

When used on the web or screen devices the preview will be pretty close to what you see on your monitor from Illustrator.

Using other applications on your computer for previewing may bring some devils, as how are they set and how do they work.

PNG files do not include an ICC profile. The sRGB profile is not included when saving a file in this format.

Thus an application opening it should assume it's under

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, do you actually use color management? It seems you don't and the nthe differences would be perfectly normal. You have instated a specific monitor profile on your system, but are not using it inside the applications for soft proofing, hence the colors look different. Otehr than that there could of course be similar issues with GPU-accelerated previews that figure in, so just to test switch to software-only mode.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank youvery much for your reply.

Would  you please guide me to use my monitor profile on Illustrator too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your document uses RGB colors and represent or match their color values to a sRGB preview.

When used on the web or screen devices the preview will be pretty close to what you see on your monitor from Illustrator.

Using other applications on your computer for previewing may bring some devils, as how are they set and how do they work.

PNG files do not include an ICC profile. The sRGB profile is not included when saving a file in this format.

Thus an application opening it should assume it's under SRGB color space. 

Windows Photos, I do not know how it works.

Acrobat uses its own color settings, check  Prefrences>Color Settings. But if you open the file there, you are not getting an RGB preview.

Open the PNG and select Tools>Print Production>Output preview>Simulate:sRGB. You will get that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines