• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My cursor is stuck on the Pencil tool

Participant ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am new.  I just learned something about using the Pencil tool.  Yippie!  But I couldn't follow using the eye dropper tool in the tutorial with the sails on the ship.  I am not too worried about using the eye dropper tool in that tutorial.  I am concerned that in what I am currently working on I can't get out of the Pencil tool.  I try clicking on the black arrow, but it is stuck on the pencil tool.  What's up with this?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow wee!  I just read some of the posts this question led to, but the first few were trying to help the questioner save something they were working on even though they were stuck in the Pencil tool.

Well, I kept scanning what was written in that thread.  And somebody asked if your layer was locked?

So, I kind of thought--maybe that's what I did.

AND GUESS WHAT?  I UNLOCKED THE LAYER I WAS WORKING ON AND WAL-LA IT WORKED.

So to those of you newbies like me to this extremely complex powerful program learnt something from me than it was my pleasure to enlighten you.

Now if I can just figure out why the eye dropper tool wasn't working as shown in the Pencil tutorial then that would be interesting.

And isn't there a way to keep track of any threads you create in this community forum?  Help with that will be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out how to track my posts in this community forum.  Go to your icon at the top right of this screen.  Click on it and then click on MY Profile.  That will take you to your posts.  Yippie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're glad you found the solution to the Pencil tool issue. Just wanted to know if you found the solution of the Eyedropper tool. 

If you still have not found it, please check out this help article to know how to use Eyedropper tool in Adobe Illustrator. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashutosh: Thank you for the suggested article: Appearance Attributes.  I'll read through it in the near future.  When?  Not too sure.  But I'll get to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ashutosh: I just looked at the article:  this help article  

It seems rewritten for more advanced users.

I did scan it, however, and I know it exists.

I'll save it just in case for the future.

I understand some of the basics of using the eye dropper tool, however.

More than that just will come with time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines