• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My file has not been modified outside of Illustrator!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this dialog box when I try to save various files, but the documents have definitely not been modified in any other program. I'm not even renaming these files elsewhere. Does anyone know why I keep getting this message, and what I can do to stop it? I continue saving the file anyway, but it's getting irritating to keep seeing the dialog box so frequently, and it's disrupting my workflow quite a bit when it shows up multiple times throughout the course of trying to save a project.

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 1.31.53 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHich version, which system? And where is the file located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2018 for Mac. All files are in a folder on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system? Is that High Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had that happen to me often when opening illustrator files from a share drive on a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not on a shared drive, all the files are located directly on my desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the new file system in High Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? I'm not sure what you're referring to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue after High Sierra was loaded on two different Macs. We are working on our desktop and are not using the new file system in High Sierra? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and my files are on DropBox. I definitely think it's an issue with High Sierra and how files are syncing. I'm not sure if your desktop is doing this or not, but Apple added a "feature" that syncs the desktop files across your devices through iCloud. So if my files are doing it with DropBox syncs and yours are doing it with a syncing desktop then that leads me to believe the files may be "touched" by the system after a save to sync them. Then Illustrator sees the file as being touched by something else and gives the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul thanks for the suggestion, but the two computers are not even signed in to ICloud. We also have the Creative Cloud Sync turned off in the preferences for Creative Cloud.  I agree that it sure looks like something in High Sierra, since we did not have this issue until this OS update. Not sure if it's Apple or Adobe's problem. If you have any other suggestions let us know.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read about the syncing and went into my Settings on High Sierra to uncheck "Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices". It seems to have eliminated the warning message so far. I have this irritating message on my iMac at home too so I will test this solution tonight. Hope this helps others.Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 10.48.38 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonnyzepp - where is that High Sierra setting nested within?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is located in the General settings in System Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woops, clicked on wrong persons name. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is located in the General settings in System Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me with every illustrator file ever since I upgraded to High Sierra. Annoying.

My files are all local, and definitely not modified outside of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to High Sierra today (v10.13.2) thinking there had been enough time to work things out, and having the same issue. It's giving the error on my iMac with a Fusion drive, interestingly, I've been running HS on my laptop as a test since it came out and I don't get the issue. The MacBook has an SSD using APFS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly enough, closed out the file, restarted Illustrator and started working. Initial save did not produce the error, subsequent saves cause the error to pop up.

Another difference between my iMac (which has the error) and my MacBook (which does not), I installed High Sierra from scratch on the MBP, the iMac was an upgrade from Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this error in High Sierra & newest Adobe (2018 Jan). Also High Sierra is misreporting disk space and occasionally not finding files that are definitely there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this same error message and I have not upgraded to High Sierra. I only have Sierra. So I don’t have that check box that I can select about handoff between mac and icloud devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also getting the error with files that are saved on a server. So that means it's not a local disk issue, it is a conflict somewhere between Sierra/HS and Illy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines