• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My file was not saved even after I saved it many times, what now?

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a large Illustrator file, it contains several artboards (it's a booklet). I constantly save the file as I'm working on it, and even though it's slow, it says it saved the file. I decided to save as a PDF so I could send it to the person I'm making this so he can give me some feedback. So BEFORE I saved as a PDF, I made sure to save my AI file once again, and THEN I saved as PDF. I sent the PDF file to the person so he can review, then opened my AI file again to continue working. I almost fell from my chair when it opened, because it didn't save any of the changes I've been making for several hours. I will literally have to recreated all the pages I worked on this afternoon. I didn't save the PDF with editing capabilities because I don't want anyone to make changes to my file, so I can't even use that PDF 😞 Any way to recover my work? I literally spend well over 6 hours on this today. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information and other technical details nobody can tell you much. Outside that simply start saving incremenatl versions or copies to a different location instead of saving over the same file for forever. It's a basic principle of safe file handling. After 6 hours of work, you should at least have four versions/ copies of the file somewhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be caused by the setting "Save in background"

Turn that off in the preferences and see if it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I just turned that off and will see if it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Hope your issue is resolved now.

If you still have issues saving file, In addition to the suggestion shared earlier, I'd request you to follow the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines