• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Illustrator changes the color HEX automatically

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with CMYK files on Illustrator. 

My Mac Version is macOS Big Sur 11.1

I need to follow a style guide to create the design, but everytime I put the color #5949a7 it changes automatically to #5a4c9f. The yellow that i'm using, #ffc72c changes to #ffc82d. I already saw people saying that I need to read these articles https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/color.html to understand, but i'm still confused.

My company doesn't know what the color profiles use in Adobe Bridge. I just want to my Illustrator not to change automatically.

The original HEX colors that i mentioned is CMYK already. So I don't know why the program is doing this 'correction'. I have one friend in the company that works with Illustrator 2018, and this is not happening with him. It is some problem of the latest versions?

Thanks for all the help!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEX colors are always RGB.

When using them in CMYK color mode, they will always be convert using the current color management settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hex colors are another way of specifying RGB colors.

In a CMYK document all RGB colors are converted to CMYK.

The hex color you specified is probably not possible in CMYK and you will see the closest possible RGB/Hex equivalent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having issues with CMYK files on Illustrator. 

. . . 

The original HEX colors that i mentioned is CMYK already.

By @stefany5CFC

As Monika rightly pointed out, HEX color codes always correlate with RGB values. When working in Illustrator's CMYK Document Color Mode, specifying colors via HEX induces conversion, and the HEX (re-read) discrepancy you've discovered. Your options are to work in RGB Document Color Mode, or, continue in CMYK Document Color Mode and specify colors using CMYK values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines