Highlighted

My mouse won't click on the objects I hover over in Illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my mouse won't click on objects that I directly hover over with the mouse, rather it will highlight something randomly near it. It's extremely frustrating. I don't have any layers selected and every object is unlocked. I've tried reloading the program as well. Idk how to fix it. I have a big project due soon, so I will take any advice I can get.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My mouse won't click on the objects I hover over in Illustrator

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my mouse won't click on objects that I directly hover over with the mouse, rather it will highlight something randomly near it. It's extremely frustrating. I don't have any layers selected and every object is unlocked. I've tried reloading the program as well. Idk how to fix it. I have a big project due soon, so I will take any advice I can get.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version?

Which system?

Which mouse?

Which mouse driver? Do you have a system extension that "rnhances" your mouse?

Which other software is running and does it help when you quit all of them? Especially collaboration and screen sharing tools.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can share your solution here. This will help other users with the similar situation.
If you still have issues, please share information asked by Monika. You may also share screenshots or a small video of the workflow. This will help us understand your issue and help you out accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 0