• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My pattern has a huge gap. Why?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue with my pattern. It seems to be a huge gap that I need to correct manually in order to have the seamless repeat otherwise ther is a huge gap. Please see screenshot attached. I have checked my document and there  are no element outide the board. I have also tried to make a clipping mask and trim what is out of the voard but still have the same gap that you see in the screenshot. I would like to know what I am doing wrong and how to fix it.Screenshot 2021-03-04 181534.png

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

The blue box you see is defining the size of your pattern tile.

Try to scale it with the Pattern Tile Tool (to be found in the upper left corner of the Pattern Options panel)

And try to make your pattern tile size rounded pixel values.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue box you see is defining the size of your pattern tile.

Try to scale it with the Pattern Tile Tool (to be found in the upper left corner of the Pattern Options panel)

And try to make your pattern tile size rounded pixel values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton, 

Thanks for your help.

I am doing this but I cannot understand what I am doing wrong.

In some patterns I design I do not have this issue. In others, like the one attached, I need to adjust the tile manually. 

I am wondering what it is wrong with the artwork as I use the same method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have started from the background rectangle only to set the size of your pattern in the pattern maker (no fractional pixels to avoid white lines) and copy paste the leaves from another document in the pattern maker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this issues as well. I have set mey document to the same settings as previous patterns but still no joy. I have even watched several videos and followed along step by step and I am still getting huge gaps. Any Solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the pattern editing mode?

Please show your pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pattern is set to 10x10. Iv've remade this a few times. But I keep getting the gaps. I had it with very little gaps the first time I made it but I was using standard page set up under the print preset. Let me know what I am doing wrong to get these gaps. if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how did you make that pattern?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built this pattern with a 10x 10 inch workspace. I took each element and laid it out as I needed. I created  mask over the design and created a swatch. I followed the link below as a reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITRZ75OKrG0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you followed it exactly?

Can you perhaps upload your AI file? Without that file this cannot be solved. You probably missed some detail when creating the invisible rectangle. Or maybe that video didn't even teach that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve the problem. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you say how you resolved this problem? I may have this same issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have an invisible rectangle?

And is it the bottommost object?

And if it is actually there, then please select it and in the Appearance panel remove all appearances with the buttom and then make the pattern again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines