• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Toolbars Are Missing From Illustrator!

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open up a file the toolbars are missing, all the reset essentails stuff is greyed out and it won't let me change to another workspace. I've probably clicked tab and f a billion times, I've tried to open Ilustrator while holding down shift, contol, and alt, but nothing works. I even reinstalled Illustrator and rebooted my computer to no avail

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

This is going to sound like I am thinking you are stupid, but I am certainly not. Have you tried pressing the tab key. I swear I had this problem a long time ago and forgot that pressing the tab key hides the toolbars. Perhaps that is the problem. I seriously doubt it, but it would be funny if it was. No insult intended, just trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi if you are using 2021 version you to check your system specs may be that is reason otherwise revert back to 2020....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to sound like I am thinking you are stupid, but I am certainly not. Have you tried pressing the tab key. I swear I had this problem a long time ago and forgot that pressing the tab key hides the toolbars. Perhaps that is the problem. I seriously doubt it, but it would be funny if it was. No insult intended, just trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines