My zoom tool will auto select itself

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had the issue that when they click on the selection tool it changes to the zoom tool instead? I have had to click it 20 times in a row sometimes for it to stay on the selction tool because it just flips right back over to the zoom tool. Sometimes even when I am currently working with a tool it will just change to the zoom tool. (I tried to take a video but obviously it always works fine when im recording) also I'm on mac.

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021
Does something interfere with your keyboard? What you could try is reboot the computer, launch only Illustrator and then try again. If that doesn't work, try and reset the preferences (this will delete all settings, of course). You could rename the folder: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html Did this perhaps start after you have installed something? A plugin, an antivirus? New browser? The screenrecording software?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does something interfere with your keyboard?

What you could try is reboot the computer, launch only Illustrator and then try again.

If that doesn't work, try and reset the preferences (this will delete all settings, of course). You could rename the folder: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Did this perhaps start after you have installed something? A plugin, an antivirus? New browser? The screenrecording software?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines