Highlighted

Named features not displaying

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a map file where suddenly named features are not displaying. They were last week, and now they are not. I have the same problem with an earlier version of the same file. I upgradede to Illustrator 24.1.2 as soon as it became available, and am wondering if there is a link? I am attaching 2 screenshots. One screenshot is from an early Acrobat file to show what the map looked like in its early stages. The second screenshot shows what the map looks like currently in Illustrator. It seems to show that there is something there with anchor points and text on lines, but no names. Any suggestions?Map in AcrobatMap in AcrobatMap in IllustratorMap in Illustrator

Hi Monika,

Thank you for your reply.

I was going to post that Illustrator seems to show that there is a font there as in the screen shot below.Text example.png

But then I noticed that Innsbruck is named as I had intended. So I checked what font it was and turns out it was the new variable concept version of Myriad Pro where I had used it because space was tight.

Text example_2.png

So I changed all the text on this layer and the names on that layer are back:

Text example_3.png

Yaayyy!!! 🙂🙂🙂

Seems the problem is resolved, but go figue why it happened in the first place.

Thanks again Monika.

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Named features not displaying

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a map file where suddenly named features are not displaying. They were last week, and now they are not. I have the same problem with an earlier version of the same file. I upgradede to Illustrator 24.1.2 as soon as it became available, and am wondering if there is a link? I am attaching 2 screenshots. One screenshot is from an early Acrobat file to show what the map looked like in its early stages. The second screenshot shows what the map looks like currently in Illustrator. It seems to show that there is something there with anchor points and text on lines, but no names. Any suggestions?Map in AcrobatMap in AcrobatMap in IllustratorMap in Illustrator

Hi Monika,

I was going to post that Illustrator seems to show that there is a font there as in the screen shot below.Text example.png

But then I noticed that Innsbruck is named as I had intended. So I checked what font it was and turns out it was the new variable concept version of Myriad Pro where I had used it because space was tight.

Text example_2.png

Text example_3.png

Yaayyy!!! 🙂🙂🙂

Thanks again Monika.

Topics

Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text engine might change from version to version. I don't know if it happened this time, only the engineers can tell.

Another possible issue is that Illustrator couldn't find the font and uses a different one. Is that the case?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Text example_2.png

Text example_3.png

Yaayyy!!! 🙂🙂🙂

Thanks again Monika.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you are using a lot of plug-in tools (also for text) could that cause a problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton,

Thanks for your interest. 

No, I have used MAPublisher for years, and it has never caused any problems. And besides this map file has worked fine for about a year that I have been working on this project. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select a single text item, does it have a fill?

How does it appear in Outline View?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Ton,

If you have a look at my latest post, I think the problem is resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear you've got it solved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines