Highlighted

Nearly out of memory error

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following error:
"Can't clear the o bjects. NEarly out of memory. Please save your files immediately. Free up more memory to continue"

I followed all the guidelines here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/not-enough-memory-illustrator-cc.html

to no avail. I have 50 GB free ram...

Thank you!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Nearly out of memory error

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following error:
"Can't clear the o bjects. NEarly out of memory. Please save your files immediately. Free up more memory to continue"

I followed all the guidelines here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/not-enough-memory-illustrator-cc.html

to no avail. I have 50 GB free ram...

Thank you!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? How did you measure the free RAM? Is it possible you actually have 50GB free disk space instead?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I have 50GB free RAM because that’s what Activity Monitor indicates... I’m only running llustrator and have a few PDFs open in Preview on a 16” MBP with 64GB RAM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for verifying. What's your exact version of Illustrator (not "latest" please), and how much RAM does activity monitor show for Illustrator at this time?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I'm running Illustrator v 24.3

Activity monitor indicates Illustrator takes 1.07 GB RAM, which "spikes" to 1.13 GB RAM when I try deleting objects and get the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Did you try restarting the machine once?

Please try disabling the GPU Performance under Preferences > Performance and see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
J5C71 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I tried both these strategies and still get the error.

I even tried resetting my Illustrator preferences & restarting. Same error. Which I now regret because I loved my preferences 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0