Highlighted

Need advice about presenting black and white logo .jpg convertion to .ai file

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Iam a new starter here- I only have the artists .jpg file to work with and convert into an .ai that can be applied  on many different supports (website, Posters, Online adverts, banners, T-shirts, CD's and most importantly, digital releases like an upcoming album in digital format) Please see attached .jpg.  I am in my Adobe Illustrator and currently going to do a convertion what size and preset do you advise to use to place it on?.  I will follow below:

• Choose Object > Image Trace > Make to trace with default parameters. Illustrator converts the image to black and white tracing result by default.
  • Click the Image Trace button in the Control panel or the Properties panel, or select a preset from the Tracing Presets button 
  • Choose Window > Image Trace or switch to the Tracing workspace to open the Image Trace panel, and do one of the following:
    • Choose one of the default presets by clicking the icons on top of the panel. For details, see Specify tracing options | Preset. -would you advise Black & White option?  
Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Stella,

Attachments fail to work, please use the Insert Photos button to show live in the post.

Without (the need for my) seeing the logo, I would suggest the following change of plan:  Image Trace > Redraw, unless you wish/need to have a hand drawn appearance.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Print and publish, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need advice about presenting black and white logo .jpg convertion to .ai file

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Iam a new starter here- I only have the artists .jpg file to work with and convert into an .ai that can be applied  on many different supports (website, Posters, Online adverts, banners, T-shirts, CD's and most importantly, digital releases like an upcoming album in digital format) Please see attached .jpg.  I am in my Adobe Illustrator and currently going to do a convertion what size and preset do you advise to use to place it on?.  I will follow below:

• Choose Object > Image Trace > Make to trace with default parameters. Illustrator converts the image to black and white tracing result by default.
  • Click the Image Trace button in the Control panel or the Properties panel, or select a preset from the Tracing Presets button 
  • Choose Window > Image Trace or switch to the Tracing workspace to open the Image Trace panel, and do one of the following:
    • Choose one of the default presets by clicking the icons on top of the panel. For details, see Specify tracing options | Preset. -would you advise Black & White option?  
Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

Stella,

Attachments fail to work, please use the Insert Photos button to show live in the post.

Without (the need for my) seeing the logo, I would suggest the following change of plan:  Image Trace > Redraw, unless you wish/need to have a hand drawn appearance.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Print and publish, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stella,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0