• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help adjusting a color mask

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all -- new to illustrator so I have a question regarding color masks (and masks in general). What I'm looking to have is a difference mask that only shows up over the layers and not on the white background. For example: 

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 2.01.38 PM.png

I have a rectangle with a blending property of "difference." What I want is for just this mask to just be visible over the two people, warping to their shape and potentially a few others. I've tried looking up tutorials but am at a loss, so any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 2.04.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-14 at 2.04.16 PM.png

Clicking the "make mask" button just makes the color disappear. I'm not quite sure how to use that option. 

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

I think the easiest thing for me to do will just to be to erase the rectangle carefully and make it inline with the shape of the people 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does grouping and Isolate Blending work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select black shape of people
  2. Copy to clipboard
  3. Select the glow form TV
  4. Edit >> Paste in Front
  5. Shift click on glow to add to selection (you will have 2 objects the glow, and the black popeople shape on top
  6. Object >> Clipping Mask >> Make

The shape you use for the mask, must be on top of the artwork you wish to clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working, unfortunately. Or maybe I'm understanding wrong. If I put the shape of the people on top of the pink color, then that color correction layer is no longer working

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 2.42.01 PM.png

The people are originally blue, and I like how the magenta corrects their color into a smooth black. If I put the blue people on top, though, then nothing happens.

I am also terrible at using illustrator, so it could just be me

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 2.47.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-14 at 2.47.54 PM.png

Turning it as a clip group does this though (im not even attempting to add the TV glow yet)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the easiest thing for me to do will just to be to erase the rectangle carefully and make it inline with the shape of the people 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines