• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help editing pdf map

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am pretty new to illustrator and I am having a hard time editing a complex pdf map. I want to be able to change the colors of some of the school zones on the attached file, but I can't figure out how to select the colored zones. It seems like all of the layers are just thin slices of the overall image. I can do this easily in Photoshop, but Photoshop rasterizes the pdf when you open it so I thought Illustrator might be better for preserving the overall quality of the image. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file is a combo of images and vectors. The land mass is actaully a bunch of rasterized images within clipping masks for some reason. I actually think you might be better off changing the colors in Photoshop and if there is text that you need changed, you can do it in Illustrator. I am surprised, because if this is from Esri, they are usually all vector based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for taking a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Is it an Esri map or from some other source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was created by a freelancer. I think he used an Esri map as the base, but I really don't know for sure. I'm going to try to track him down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines