Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help editing text in vector file

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I licensed a vector from Adobe stock.

It said I can edit the text and font, etc. But, upon opening the vector in Illustrator, I can't seem to figure out how to edit the text.

adobe.png

Any suggestions?

Here's the vector: https://stock.adobe.com/images/esport-text-style-effect-premium-vector/331340559?prev_url=detail&ass...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is nothing editable in that file. Apart from the text that promises you editability.

I will report this file and point staff to this thread, so they can get in contact with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. Good to know it was the file and not me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text has been set to paths and you can remove it and add your own.

EvilBugQueen1_0-1596558501751.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly, but it will be a huge amount of work to make it in a way that it looks as the example.

I mean, this file says, it's 100% editable, which it is clearly not at all.

Deleting that text and start new is like creating a new file and do it on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Monika. The only editable text is the instructions at the top and bottom. Each of the other "letters" consists not of live text with an appearance, but of four separate shapes that must be created and stacked on top of each other. This is billed as "100% editable" and specifies the word and font can be changed. It can't.

jane-e_0-1596564722210.png

jane-e_1-1596565015711.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is like:

The image of the sunflower is fully editable, just replace every pixel with another color to get the 

Mona Lisa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines