Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[NEED HELP] How to create "powder explosion" effect

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys 🙂

I'm trying to create a 3 color powder explosion, I have found many how-to and youtube videos but all that is for photoshop. 

Are there any known videos online where I can see how this works in illustrator? 

or can anybody point me in the right direction? 

Help is really appreciated 🙂 Have a good time and stay healthy 🙂 THX

colored-explosion-powder-flying-different-600w-730224586 (1).png

colored-powder-explosion-abstract-closeup-600w-1261156015.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

You can get sort of near, but not even close without inputting a LOT of manual illustrational work. In addition to that the automatic approaches that take youthere, will produce an insane amount of objects, so that the resulting file might get particularly sluggish.

Scatter brushes might somewhat help. So do blends.

If you want to do this regularly, learn 3D applications and particle emitters. And if the Photoshop approaches get you there: go for it.

Can you perhaps post links to Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

I also suspect that in many cases colorizing a stock image (and editing the shape if necessary) might be more economic than creating artwork from scratch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get sort of near, but not even close without inputting a LOT of manual illustrational work. In addition to that the automatic approaches that take youthere, will produce an insane amount of objects, so that the resulting file might get particularly sluggish.

Scatter brushes might somewhat help. So do blends.

If you want to do this regularly, learn 3D applications and particle emitters. And if the Photoshop approaches get you there: go for it.

Can you perhaps post links to Photoshop tutorials that work for you? Thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also suspect that in many cases colorizing a stock image (and editing the shape if necessary) might be more economic than creating artwork from scratch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines