• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[NEED HELP] how to create these 2 medical devices?

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my Dexcom G6-CGM-Transmitter for tracking my blood glucose data 24hours. I have already created the baisc shape, but I have some trouble with the shadows around for a real 3D look. can anoybody point me in the right direction? 

Also the upper round shape shadow should look more real than now. 

Any Ideas how to build the light purple sensor housing on the first image?

Transmitter with sensor housingTransmitter with sensor housingTransmitter onlyTransmitter onlyscreenshot illustratorscreenshot illustrator

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

okay I want to create the same shadow around the transmitter, thats why I put the arrows around. I could have explained that better.

I want to create the same shadow around the transmitter my one is too flat, the left transmitter looks much more "plasticaly" It has a better 3D look. I think thats only made by the shadows for the depth. 

the round depression above. should also look more "plasticaly"

and I wanna create the purple sensor housing which is around the transmitter (image transmitter wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build shading there are acouple of methods:

1. gradients

2. effects (glow, blur)

3. blend modes and stacked objects

4. gradient meshes

5. freeform gradients

6. blends

7. gradients on strokes

Most of the time a couple of these methods need to be combined using different objects in order to achieve the look you're after.

I'm not sure how exactly you want this to look like and I don't know how that object looks. So maybe you want to take a photo of it and then just draw it according to that photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded 3 Images I thought this would be enugh. the illustrator screenshot shows the transmiter and rightside is my already done work. 

wait I upload them again in this comment. sorry I dont know what goes wrong with the image upload in the mainpost 😞 

I also atteached the images in the main post 

transmitter with sensorhousingtransmitter with sensorhousing

transmitter onlytransmitter only

illustrator screenshotillustrator screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those images were visible in your post. But I don't understand what you want to know.

Also those look like parts of the device. So what is it that you want to draw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay I want to create the same shadow around the transmitter, thats why I put the arrows around. I could have explained that better.

I want to create the same shadow around the transmitter my one is too flat, the left transmitter looks much more "plasticaly" It has a better 3D look. I think thats only made by the shadows for the depth. 

the round depression above. should also look more "plasticaly"

and I wanna create the purple sensor housing which is around the transmitter (image transmitter with sensorhousing) But I guess this could be done with the pathfinder 

thanks for your help 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines