Highlighted

Need help with shape builder

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to combine a straight line that has a zig zag effect across a triangle and when I try to use the shape builder tool the wavy lines I want get flattened out and pushed to the tiny amount space that doesnt get added to the new shape. Thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

First expand the effect: Object > Expand appearance. Then you can operate on the path.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need help with shape builder

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to combine a straight line that has a zig zag effect across a triangle and when I try to use the shape builder tool the wavy lines I want get flattened out and pushed to the tiny amount space that doesnt get added to the new shape. Thank you.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

First expand the effect: Object > Expand appearance. Then you can operate on the path.

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to Monika's response, I'd request checking out help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/creating-shapes-shape-builder-tool.html to know more about Shape Builder tool.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines