• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with text

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I am having an issue with warping text my issue is that when my text is selected it will not allow to me to warp in any form weather that is going under effect>warp>(any arc options) or object>envelope distort
TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you have done it before . In a new empty file, type a word or two, select it (with the Selection tool or just press Esc key after typing the text) and apply any of those two commands. Did they work before, but not now? Reset Preferences. 

Start Illustrator while holding Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+Alt keys.

Still it does not work after Prefs reset and starting again? Uninstall it. Reboot your system and reinstall Ai.

Do those commands work with a simple object, not with text? Then you are doing something wrong. Make sure text is selected. if you click to type (Point text) when selecting you will see the bounding box around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

angel,

If you have selected it with the Type Tool, switch to the (normal) Selection Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines