• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New 2019 CC Illustrator Update Breaks Align Distribution Spacing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the latest version of 23.0.1.  Everything works properly except in the align tab for spacing the unit parameters is broken.  I use inches for everything besides stroke.  Once updated the field for spacing defaulted to an unknown unit, couldn't even override it by typing in the unit manually.  Had to reinstall the previous version as I use this function hourly and was very frustrating.  Hoping to make the problem aware so it can be fixed in the next update, don't want to be stuck not being able to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Hi there,

We have tried to fix this in our recent release for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version and share your observations with us. 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Still the best fix so far from this intital post I made 2 years ago is to go to preferences / units / change stroke from points to inches.  Close box and then go back and do it again to switch stroke back to points.  For some reason that fixes it until you have to reopen the program.  2 years later and still a problem.  I dunno, that's the workaround but still waiting for that one magic update that will solve this sillyness.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is crazy that it persists for 2 years.  I have been toggling Show Pixel Grid to fix it, since that is just one step.  It happens to me and to my office partner on every program restart, so I just can't believe it's not every Windows installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue, believe it or not. But I think I found a quicker solution. I am working on a Mac. It seems all you have to do is open another new document after your initial document, and it magically corrects itself. Just thought I'd share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright… so we're now up to Illustrator 2022, and I'm still getting this problem. Good work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines