Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New document menu missing basic RGB

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am following a tutorial online and they instructed us to revert to the old New Document menu and then choose Basic RGB from the profile menu under the Name field. It looks like it's missing. Is that just a change in one of the new updates or am I just missing some thing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does yours look like the image below? If so, I would suggest choosing Web unless you are creating something for Mobile or Film.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 8.39.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like that. I am currently following a tutorial from Lynda.com on Illustrator 2019. Thier version has a option for basic RGB. From what I can tell that seems to just be the default setting now. Kind of odd. I guess Illustrator is constantly updating though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, Illustrator is constantly updating. You should be seeing more changes in the coming weeks. I hope using the Web profile helped you get through the tutorial. Best practice would be to learn the differences between the profiles and then use the one you need for the particular project you're working on. Most of the time I use Print but I'll try the others for projects that are meant to be seen on screen only 😃 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use Art & Illustration (and maybe change the units)

Web has automatically Snap to Pixel turned on, which can lead to surprises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you trying to do?

There is no "default setting" with the new document profiles. Your choice depends on what you want to create and where it is going to be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines