• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New documents always have "drop shadow" behind artboard

Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this for years... whenever I create a new document in Illustrator--no matter the size or mode and without any bleed settings, the artboard has a tiny grey "drop shadow" behind the artboard. See ATTACHED (top left and top right corners). It does not affect art and never prints, but more times than I can count I've found myself zooming in and attempting to select/delete it, thinking I left some sort of unwanted element behind while I was working. Or I see the faint "border" and think my graphic elements aren't fully aligned to the page edge, when the actually are.

It seems like it's just a "cutsie" little unneeded addition to the artboard. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of it? I've poked around in preferences and View settings but couldn't find anything. Or maybe I need to (somehow) complain to an Adobe "ideas/complains" thread? Thanks. Using Illustrator 2020 on Mac OS, but like I've mentioned, it's been there for years, perhaps decades.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

You can make a feature request here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a feature request here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like that's my only choice. I'll do that, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines