Highlighted

New script Grommet Marks free download

Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user requested a script to create grommet/eyelet marks in Illustrator for banner work. I've added the result to my website scripts collection. Free to download. All feedback is welcome. Thanks.

https://www.marspremedia.com/software/illustrator/grommet-marks

William Campbell
Mars Premedia
TOPICS
Scripting, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New script Grommet Marks free download

Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A user requested a script to create grommet/eyelet marks in Illustrator for banner work. I've added the result to my website scripts collection. Free to download. All feedback is welcome. Thanks.

William Campbell
Mars Premedia
TOPICS
Scripting, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome! thanks for sharing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2020 0
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, William.

I can imagine that the script may have to be modified a bit if one is going to use it with an international non-English version of Illustrator.

I tried it with the latest (German) Illustrator version on Mac OS 10.14.6 and just got the following message:

w_c_grommet_marks_001.png

This often happens when there are some swatch name conflicts, but there may be other reasons as well. I cannot quickly check it due to the binary form.

Just a hint.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. Yep difficult to test international, so great that you respond. Problem was pretty easy. Getting 'None' swatch by name, which of course can vary by language. None swatch is zero index so changed to get it by index instead. I think that will solve the error. Let me know. Again, thank you for the feedback. An updated script is posted.

William Campbell
Mars Premedia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hereby confirmed that it now works properly and as expected. Thank you for the quick fix.

Just saw that you've got a collection of other scripts for InDesign and Photoshop.

If you don't mind, I can soon test them with the German application versions and report possible (language) conflicts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Resources