• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to Illustrator, wondering why I'm getting jagged lines on Objects

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all my googlings just lead me to the Smooth tool, but it's not doing anything.

On the left is a vector I got off Google that I then loaded into Illustrator to "trace," which is what I did!

I made shapes, moved the anchors to like positions and dragged over a copy.

I then used the Curvature Tool to get those arches, and here is where things went wrong.

How do I fix it / what is the correct way to "trace" shapes that creates smooth lined objects?

I imagine if I were to use the Pathfinding tools to MinusBack for instance, that would create a perfectly smooth object, but it would be a real hassle to get those shapes perfectly lined up, and if you're off by just a bit, you're right back to adjusting the shape and getting those jagged lines? Help please!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and to get the obvious ones out of the way, I do have Anti Aliaising on in the settings.

I've also seen the answer that it's just a display issues from the monitor, that if I gave this file to a pin manufacturer or printer, those stairsteps wouldn't show up in the final product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see why this shouldn't print well. Looks like clean artwork.

Can you select it and go into outline view and then take a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boba2.png

Like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're seeing pixelation caused by your monitor. This is not a problem with Illustrator but a limitation of monitors (specifically low-resolution, low pixel density monitors).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did spend a few hundred bucks on a gaming monitor, but it's more about refresh rate, response times and vsync stuff, only 1080p, but that probably does fall under low res and low pixel count for art files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, 1080 is going to give you this jaggy effect. If you want to get rid of this, get a 4K monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines