Highlighted

Newbie needs help to simplify images

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use Illustrator to import purchased images from ai to my embroidery software. I am having trouble with this.

1. Image contains a background when converted from ai to svg. The swans image below converts into a black blob but the stylized bird does not. I have no idea why.  I guess there is a background with the swans that gets converted with the image of the swans.  The bird stitches beautifully.

2. Too many layers or too complex. The stunning firebird when converted to svg is so big my embroidery software cannot accept it.  There are a bazillion layers to the image.  I suspect that is the reason my embroidery software rejects it. Can someone help me learn how to compress or simplify the image.

I will of course be looking at the tutorials, but would deeply appreciate help.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Newbie needs help to simplify images

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use Illustrator to import purchased images from ai to my embroidery software. I am having trouble with this.

1. Image contains a background when converted from ai to svg. The swans image below converts into a black blob but the stylized bird does not. I have no idea why.  I guess there is a background with the swans that gets converted with the image of the swans.  The bird stitches beautifully.

2. Too many layers or too complex. The stunning firebird when converted to svg is so big my embroidery software cannot accept it.  There are a bazillion layers to the image.  I suspect that is the reason my embroidery software rejects it. Can someone help me learn how to compress or simplify the image.

I will of course be looking at the tutorials, but would deeply appreciate help.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did yo create the images?

Please don't attach screenshots, but embed them in your post, so people don't have to download them, which is a hassle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 1